7/27/11

Just as it is ~


"One day you will ask me which is more important, my life or yours?  I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life" - Khalil Gibran

In the middle of creating this painting, the individual who commissioned it came through the door: “Oh-my-gosh I just love this - it is perfect!”  I laughed explained I had not taken it to the place I was heading; a little punch up here, and a delicate movement there, and a splash of accent color there, etc. is where I was headed.  “No, don’t I love it just as it is!”  So I put down my brush.  :-)
30x40

6 comments:

Terrance said...

I've been waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for you to post another abstract! That looks like an angel, is it? It is gorgeous.

TSL said...

Terrance, thanks, no matter what you are always there with me. About the angel, I can see where you might get that!

Unknown said...

This is a great story! Love it! Sometimes visions of our own successes come through the eyes of others.

TSL said...

Shannon, yes! I see this painting in its finished form in my mind's eye, and yet someone else saw it as completed. Reminds me of the Bridgette Jones movie, "I like you just as you are." Thanks for your great comment.

rjerdee said...

Fabulous experience, I say! That's the way to paint, pleasing your patrons!

Karena said...

Tina I bought a painting of an artist friend one time like this! She said it was not finished and I said I wanted it right then.

I love it!!

xoxo
Karena

Art by Karena

Exciting New $150 Giveaway from Dr Perricone! Artful Beauty from the inside and out! Come and Enter!