4/29/16

I lost two angels but gained two more ...

I bid you adieu! 
Angel in acrylic - by Tina Steele Lindsey
.  
And adieu to you, too! 
Angel in pastel pencils by Tina Steele Lindsey

After a particularly trying day, which I shall not go into here, a couple from Pittsburg stepped into the gallery minutes before I was leaving.  We had lovely conversation and visit, they were very complimentary.  Before leaving they purchased two of my angels, two I did not intend to sell but rather used as examples of my work; due their great enthusiasm for them I agreed to sell.  After they departed I began gathering my things to leave for the day when I spied their sales receipt on the counter.  I dashed out the door to the parking lot in order to locate them, and as I couldn't I then popped into fellow merchant's businesses hoping they were still in town, but alas the patrons were not to be found.  Returning to the gallery I locked the door and minutes later saw the gentleman hurrying across the parking lot toward the door.  Greeting him with receipt in my hand I announced I was happy he returned for it!  He replied he had not returned for the receipt but rather came back hoping I was still there, he and his wife couldn't possibly go back to Pennsylvania without purchasing two of my abstracts they had admired the first time!  So I bid farewell to my bad day, two angels, and gained two new ones!  Godspeed!  

6 comments:

Unknown said...

<3 BIG SMILE, Tina! What a beautiful blessing! <3

Marsha Hamby Savage said...

Tina, I love this story. One never knows how conversations affect people. I truely believe that it is the connections we make, the sincere ones, that result in happiness for all involved. So glad you made these people richer for what they bought from you. They will receive much enjoyment when looking at their pieces of art!

TSL said...

Dear Merci Howe and Marsha Savage: It truly was a blessing. The story is greater with not knowing the first part, the untold part. Some days are just, well, very trying. And you both are deeply committed to the art world, and know that those who truly, truly appreciate art and understand it can converse with you in ways many people cannot. It is those connections that are vitally important to the spirit of the artist. Thank you both for reading, and for taking time to comment.

Joan W. Page said...

I love your story, all of it, but my favorite part is the very beginning where you admitted some days can be trying, but that "you wouldn't go into that here ". This reminded me that we probably should hold certain personal events/life circumstances until we are with the right people, the best time, and the ideal place to share them. Your angels are beautiful! Your new Angels will be blessed by all four pieces .

Virginia Dauth said...

This is so wonderful. You never know where your paintings will find a home. I am sure they will be wonderful in the collectors new space.

TSL said...

Joan W. Page, that was very sweet. I hope you do not have many trying days, that most are warm and beautiful.

Virginia Dauth, thank you so much, I wonder what you've been working on!